working on a project to install interpretive signs about mercury. They
will be installed at the Hacienda Staging Area in Almaden Quicksilver
County Park near Los Alamitos Creek.
In recognition that the
not know the impact of mercury on their health and the environment,
these signs will specifically address the current scientific issues
involved in the health of humans, animals, birds and fish. We will
design, manufacture and install several science-based interpretive
signs in cooperation with the Santa Clara County Parks and Recreation
The following 3 sets of
double-sided mercury interpretive signs were designed for the Hacienda
- Set 1
- Panel A - Sign 1 - How Does Mercury Get to Here?
- Panel B - Sign 2 - Why Is Methylmercury in Our Fish?
- Panel C - Sign 3 - Mercury & Compounds of
- Panel D - Sign 4 - Why Are Mercury and Its
Compounds a Concern?
- Panel E - Sign 5 - What Methods Are Used to Control
Mining Discharge in the Watershed?
- Panel F - Sign 6 - What Methods Are Used to Reduce
Mercury in Our Lakes?
- The World of Mercury
This shows the proposed location for
the signs, at the edge of the Hacienda Staging Area's parking lot,
before the overflow lot and the Hacienda Mining Equipment Display:
planning and background documents on the sign design:
Here are the latest
additional reference documents relating to the signs.